Thursday 3 May 2012

Diet Update Week 4

It is week 4 and I currently weigh 14st 4 1/4 lbs, I have lost 9 and 3/4 lbs.  I’ll be doing my total inches again next week.

I have spent the week continuing to experiment with my standing desk at work, along with drinking 500ml of ice water first thing each morning, which I think is helping.

The very short version of my diet is simple. I follow 5 rules.

1. No White Carbs.
A fairly straightforward diet rule. Make sure you eat bigger portions if you drop carbs as you need to keep your calorie intake up.

2. Eat the Same Few Meals.
I can eat lean meat, veg and legumes (beans). For breakfast I tend to have 2 scrambled eggs, and lunches and dinners tend to be chosen from the following.
steak and veg or beans.
chili (With veg and beans in it, made from lean mince and flavoured with a fajita mix)
chicken wrapped in bacon (with the fat cut off) with beans and veg.
For Snacks I have been eating bacon, carrots or nuts.

3. Don’t Drink Calories
Instead I drink a lot of water, at least 4 liters per day. No drinks with sugar, no milk, even diet drinks are limited to one per day.

4. No Fruit.
Except for tomatoes and avocados (I thought both of them were veg and don’t like them so it has been no problem for me).

5. Take One Day off a Week.
I have Saturdays as a binge day. You are encouraged to gorge yourself until you can’t eat anymore. So far this has been my favorite part of the diet and any weight I gain from the binge I have always lost by the following Wednesday at the latest. On my day off I have been eating everything I have wanted to eat during the week but couldn’t. I also make sure I do a short set of exercise immediately before any large meals on binge day.

That is it and it is working very well for me.

This weekend I am going to the LT Spring Moot, so it will be a good test of how easy it is to stick to the diet when I am in a field.

Saturday will be a binge day so that shouldn't be too hard. The other days I expect to be trickier.

So if you are watching your weight, getting fit, or just interested in such things good luck and I'll see you after the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Got to say actually, I had to drop all sugar out of my diet a while back and the weight just dropped off.

    Difference is, I wasn't trying to lose weight at the time so I had to eat like you on a Saturday, every day until I put it back on again. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things mentioned in the book is that you need to make sure you eat Legumes and have bigger portions as you are losing alot of the calories you would normally get from White Carbs.

    There is also a chapter in the book about putting weight on.

    ReplyDelete