Thursday 24 May 2012

Motivation, Diet Update and Chloe Isherwood

This week I weigh 13st 13lbs I have lost a total of 15 lbs, I have now lost over a stone. My Total Inches are 153.5, also steadily decreasing.

I started dieting because I had a bit of a freak out. K8 was made redundant and it made me have a hard look at what I was doing. One of the things I wanted to do was get fitter. I also got dared into it by Ant. I took both of those things and made a list of everything I wanted to have do or be. Then I took the first step for the ones I wanted first. I spent the next few days doing the “next steps” I had outlined when I made my list. One of the things was this blog another was my diet.

So I took it carefully I started by making some small changes and I kept track of my weight and as It began to work I added more things to the diet and more things to make me stick to it.

One of the chapters in The 4 Hour Body talks about a Harajuku Moment. The moment you realised you had to make a change and did so.

One of my friends who had this moment for something other than fitness was Chloe Isherwood Who realised that she wanted to be a Photographer.  Since then she has Climbed Trees, Stalked Models at a train station and Made Tourists Dissapear.  I surprised her on Stalker book with a pop quiz about her Harajuku Moment.

Dave: Pop quiz hotshot!
Chloe *checks under seat for bomb*

Hey Dave,

When did you decide that you wanted to be a Photographer?
I actually decided I wanted to become a photographer after my first studio shoot as I had never before been able to take what I had in my head and pull it our and make it happen. I got a picture that day that came out exactly (to the feather) as I had imagined it and felt I’d really accomplished something. That’s how photography ‘makes me feel’ (doctor). It’s my substitute for not being able to draw. XD

What made you want to do it?
I decided I wanted to try photography when I was still modeling as I found that I typically never ended up with the final result that I had expected and sometimes it left me very disappointed. That’s why I decided to give it a try to see if I enjoyed it and was any good at it. I realized I just wanted to be a part of the image creation and that it wasn’t important to me whether I was in the photo or not (surprising, I know…).

What was the first thing you did towards becoming one after you had decided to do it?
The first thing technically was hunting for models to ‘test shoot’ with and build up my portfolio. I sort of did a lot at the same time, really. From that first shoot, I sent out emails to loads of amateur models offering my modeling advice for their time, I started saving money for my first SLR camera, preyed on my friends and watched a lot of YouTube videos about cameras/lenses/aperture/shutter-speed/ISO/macro/RAW/PSD/layers and all these alien terms that have now become my everyday vocabulary…

Have you had a moment when you decided to change everything? Or just one thing? What was it?

3 comments:

  1. But what creates the drive to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, passion and ambition. A want to achieve and make something of yourself that is stronger than your want to sit down.

    I don't know how you 'create' drive other than finding something you're passionate about and working out the way to integrate into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found making a list of all the things I wanted to do or Have and then taking one step towards them helped me massively.

    In This Video http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2012/05/22/neil-gaiman-commencement-speech

    Neil Gaiman talks about having a metaphorical Mountain that he is heading towards and at each stage he can look at something and ask if it takes him closer or further from his Mountain.

    Expect another post about motivation next week.

    ReplyDelete