Thursday 19 July 2012

A Plan and Diet Update

This week I weigh 13st 10lbs my weight has been staying constant so if my inches haven't changed considerably by next week I will have a hard look at the diet to make sure I am sticking to it.

When I became the head of the Scouts Guild in the Lorien Trust Live roleplaying system, I said to myself and my team that everyone who comes into our guild goes away better, whether it was their stats in the system or real applicable skills. Now I am wondering if that can be applied to the real world as well? (or at least the gaming section of it) What would you like to do that you can’t do now? How can i help you do it?

This blog is one of the ways I want to do it.

Better is a very subjective term, which was deliberate when we applied it to Live Roleplaying. If I want it to work in the real world I think it will need a better definition. So the first thing I am going to work on is defining my goals of “Better” into something measurable.

I got better by defining my Dreamlines and starting to work towards them.

I am Beating Depression by making changes to what I do that have measurable effects.

If I can do these things then I can help other people do the same or similar things.

Chloe who i interviewed about Becoming a Photographer recently posted a one year on summary. In the next 12 months I intend to have achieved as much (but about making gamers greater rather than photography).

I also want to help make Game Shops better, through my work at Esdevium and through helping them directly, because Games Shops make more gamers and are a great way to talk to lots of gamers at once. This also need some slightly better definition.

This post  at The art of Nonconformity along with several other bits and pieces have informed these ideas. The Questions in The Tower really resonated with me:

What are you going to make today?
Who are you going to help today?

That is what I want to answer next.

3 comments:

  1. Well, in answer to your post, you've actually got me blogging. There's three posts now -- it's in order to document my job hunt, amongst other things. I wanted to be honest to myself as to whether or not I was actually trying to get a job, and I wanted to see my progress. And in keeping a blog, I can see that yes, yes, I am trying. And that yes, I can do it. And that is helpful as it's taking away the negativity that I was experiencing -- that I'm not trying hard enough. I can see that actually, I am. And that really helps my brain.

    I figured I'd let you know that you've helped someone that you didn't know about :)

    And because you're going to ask: http://keeping-me-honest.blogspot.co.uk/ Not much of a read, but useful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added to my Reader list. I look forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to talking 'making things better' on the 28th. I have some thoughts I'll try and put into a more coherent form by then...

    ReplyDelete