Thursday 26 July 2012

Bucket Lists and Diet Update.

This week I weigh 13st 6lbs I have lost a total of 22 lbs. If I continue at this pace I should have lost a total of 2 stone by the end of next week.

One of the most common bits of advice I am finding as I read books about motivation and getting things done, is that the hardest part of doing something is to start it.

A common piece of advice to help overcome that is to tell people you are going to do it, or even just to write it down (like in my post about Dreamlining) especially if you then work out a next step towards making it happen and then do it.

Inspired by Chris Whiteheads30 Things to do before I am 30 List” Here is my Bucket list. (these are things I want to do but are not in the 6-12 month window of my Dreamlines. Mostly, some are on both lists)

I have also tried to make them SMART goals to make me more likely to do them.

Go back to Gen Con US in 2013
Start my Own Business
Go to Pax in 2013
Learn to sail
Sail to (a place) in 2013
Fire a Handgun
Write a RPG Supplement
Run a Marathon
Own a House
Get Laser Eye Surgery
Become fluent in a Foreign Language
Get a Black Belt in a Martial Art
Go to Crete in 2013
Learn to Dance
Earn/do enough that a https://www.getfriday.com/ man wouldn’t be an indulgence.

This post also has some great tips on crossing things off a bucket list.
http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2012/04/04/playing-b-ball-with-obama-6-steps-to-crossing-anything-off-your-bucket-list/

What is on yours?

5 comments:

  1. You're going to talk to me about businesses on Saturday, aren't you Dave...

    How are you with reading lists? I'll recommend one or two things I've found useful if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of dancing do you want to learn?
    Also, what sort of sailing did you have in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Becky a reading list would be ace. One of my next posts is the books that have been helping me.

    @Helen good question on Dancing, Something that I will end up using rather than a very traditional sort of dance is all I have so far. I know Caroline has done Seroc and that looks good.

    As to Sailing my Dad once won the whitbred round the world Yacht race so that sort of sailing I would guess, unless you can learn the basics (for want of a better term) on a smaller craft and just scale up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My bucket type list has a few of the same things as yours:
    GenCon
    Fire some different types of guns, done shotguns only
    Get a game published
    Sell my house and get a better one
    Actually get some steady martial arts going

    Not going to go into them all here.
    I fully recommend laser eye surgery though, and if you want to chat about that drop me a line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knocked one off my bucketlist. Play onstage at the West End Centre with my band. Doesn't sound like much but means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete